August 13 - 17, 2014
In 2013, women’s professional golf returned to French Lick Resort for the first time since 1960. The highly acclaimed Pete Dye Course at French Lick Resort welcomed Legends players Nancy Lopez, Jan Stephenson, Pat Bradley, Beth Daniel, Betsy King, Joann Carner, Rosie Jones and the winner of the 2013 Championship, Lorie Kane. This event was so successful that plans are already in the works for the our 2014 Legends event.
In 2014, French Lick Resort will again host a week-long tribute to women’s golf, beginning Monday, August 11 with the fifth annual Alice Dye Invitational. This is a popular two-day women’s amateur event filled with great golf, food, and fun. An all-day golf clinic for women will be conducted by the Legends on Wednesday and on Thursday the Pro-Am Sponsor match will be played at the Pete Dye Course. The Legends Championship will be played Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the Pete Dye Course.
French Lick Resort invites your company to participate in this fabulous week-long celebration of women and their contributions to the game of golf. There are a variety of sponsorship levels available that will afford valuable marketing, networking and entertainment opportunities for your employees, clients and guests. Contact French Lick Resort today to declare your sponsorship intentions 888-936-9360.
- The Legends Tour has over 100 members, including 10 World Golf and LPGA Hall of Fame members.
- Legends Tour players have compiled over 650 LPGA victories, including 65 major championships.
- The Legends Tour is in its 12th season and has played for over $9,000,000 in prize money.
- Over $11,000,000 has been awarded to charity through Legends Tour events.
- The Legends Tour has played events all over the world and across the nation. Tournaments have been held in Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Japan and Australia.
- The Legends Tour was founded in 2000 by 25 LPGA Tour veterans who wanted to provide opportunities for professionals 45 and over to continue competing. • For more information about The Legends Tour, log onto the official website, www.thelegendstour.com.